Proper Mask Usage Tips (FTC)
Wearing a face mask in public helps prevent the spread of COVID-19 but only if worn properly, covering both your nose and mouth. Read these mask-wearing tips to get the maximum protection for yourself and others:
- Wash your hands with water and soap before touching the mask.
- If you can't wash your hands, apply alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Inspect the mask for any damages or if it is dirty.
- Adjust the mask to your face without leaving gaps on the side.
- Cover your mouth, nose, and chin.
- Avoid touching the mask once it is on.
- Clean your hands before removing the mask.
- Remove the mask by the straps behind the ears or the head.
- Pull the mask away from your face.
- Dispose of any disposable masks.
- Wash any reusable masks.
- Store any clean masks in one of our Mask Cases.
- Clean your hands after removing the mask.